Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Kwa herini Morogoro


My host family


Zanzibar islanders at the swearing in ceremony


It was tasty


Philly Staging roomies, happy to be done with training


Because she asked so nicely, this one's for Kit's mom


I don't really know what's going on here


Peace Corps puts a lot of effort into swearing in


These guys roam the earth whenever it rains. If they get scared they spray acid. This one is pretty small too. Karibu Tanzania!


Me and Cynthia


Nazia and Kavisa, making me look tall


I'm not really sure what Kris is wearing...


So long, Morogoro


P.S. I've safely arrived on my island. Settling in is proving to be a slow process, but I'll get there. The people here have been wonderful so far, and the staff at my school is great. My house needs a bit of work, but in a month's time I should be fine. I've been super busy this past week, but when I get a chance I'll post a real update.

2 comments:

monica said...

you fit right in!

Liza said...

I like how the little kid is crying even in the picture. As awesome as your family was it'll be nice not to have so much screaming all the time. :)

Glad to hear you're safe on your island.
Miss you tons.
Love,
lib