Friday, September 22, 2006

Hujambo!


Well, I'm in Tanzania. It took about 24 hours of travelling between leaving Philly and arriving at the Peace Corps center in Dar es Salaam. The internet connection is really slow here, and there's a huge line to use the computer so I'm keeping this brief. I'm having a great time so far. My fellow volunteers are awesome, and Tanzania is absolutely beautiful. Tomorrow we're heading over to Morogoro (about a 3 hour bus ride west from the Coast I'm told) and I'll move in with a host family. Morogoro will be my home during training for the next 10 weeks. Should be really exciting.

Hopefully I'll have time to put up a longer post soon, but it looks like we're all going to be super busy for the next couple of weeks. Hope everyone back home is doing well.

Kwa heri.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! Glad you're safe and sound. Keep it that way!
love ya,
-libby

G-ride said...

you're alive! and well dressed!

Anonymous said...

Jambo Josh - Glad you made it safely. Remember - do NOT taunt the lions. Love you -- Patty

Anonymous said...

good work! looking forward to hearing more...take care.

monica said...

KEEP IT COMING.